Part No: KSJ-00079
Molex PowerCat 6A Tool-less Shielded Keystone Jack is designed for support of installations requiring Keystone Jack apertures specifically in work area applications. The jack is also compatible with Molex range of Keystone Jack Patch Panels.
The PowerCat 6A Shielded Keystone jack offers superior alien crosstalk suppression, excellent insertion loss, and provides enhanced electromagnetic interference (EMI) protection by utilizing robust die cast zinc alloy jack body housing. The shielded jack is dual colour coded for either 568A or 568B wiring schedules. The toolless design allows for on-site installation without the need for a termination tool. The PowerCat 6A Shielded Keystone Jack was specifically designed for highspeed 10GB data transmission. The jack is also backwards compatible with Shielded C6 and C5e systems. Our PowerCat 6A shielded system is suitable for the most demanding PoE applications.
Termination Process: Video
This video, created by the Molex Technical Services Team, shows the process for terminating cable into a Molex PowerCat C6A Tool-less Shielded Keystone Jack, p/n KSJ-00079.
Grounding contacts: Stainless steel
Housing: Zinc Die-Casting with nickel plating
Contact bracket: Polycarbonate, UL94V-2
Contact material: Phosphor bronze with nickel plating
Contact gold plating: 50 micro-inch gold plating on surface of plug contact area
Wire management cap (IDC-Cap): Polycarbonate, UL94V-2
Operating Life: ≥ 750 cycles
Mating/Un-mating force: ≤ 30N
Retention strength: 7.7 kg between jack and plug
Installation temperature: 0°C to 50°C (32°F to 122°F)
Storage temperature: -40°C to 70°C (-40°F to 158°F)
Operating temperature: -10°C to 60°C (14°F to 140°F)
Housing: Polycarbonate, UL94V-2
Terminals: Phosphor bronze with tin plating
Cable o.d. accommodation: 5.0 mm to 8.5 mm
Operating Life: ≥ 20 cycles
Contact resistance: ≤ 20 mΩ
Insulation resistance: ≥ 500 MΩ at 100Vdc, for 60 sec.
Voltage: Contact to contact 1000 Vdc
Voltage rating: 150 V
Shipping Weight: 0.9kg
RoHS and REACH compliant
Our PowerCat 6A system is suitable for the most demanding PoE applications:
- IEEE 802.3bt from Type 1 to Type 4, and CISCO UPoE+
- HD Base-T PoH up to 100W
- RP3 compliant as defined by EN 50174-2:2018, ISO/IEC 14763-2:2019 and AS/NZS 14763.2:2020
- For new installations of PoE Type 3 / Class 5 and above that wish to be eligible for the Molex 25 year Application Assurance Warranty, we require Category 6A cable to be used throughout.
- To confirm your PoE / RP3 cabling design is eligible for the Molex 25 year Application Assurance Warranty, your design must be verified and validated with the Molex PoE Calculator. Read more at https://www.molexces.com/poe-calculator
- Molex recommends that the PoE feature on an individual switch port is power disabled prior to unplugging the associated powered Device.
- Molex recommends that the full range of PowerCat 6A products be used in a system to maximize cabling and PoE performance.
Details on Molex requirements for Warranty can be found at: https://www.molexces.com/about-us/our-warranty/