Part No: KSJ-00099
The Molex PowerCat 6A UTP Keystone Jack Gen II is a key component of the PowerCat 6A Unshielded Solution. The product is designed to comply with the transmission performance of ANSI/TIA-568.2-D:2018 and ISO/IEC 11801:2017 Augmented Category 6A. The Keystone Jack design is a popular, universal dimension that fits into a wide range of wall outlet and enclosure products. The PowerCat 6A UTP jack is designed to achieve the high level of functionality required for high-speed 10 Gbps data transmission. The product is also backward compatible with Category 6 and 5e systems. The Category 6A UTP Keystone Jack is 3rd party tested and verified for transmission performance, safety and PoE+ compliance.
The C6A UTP Keystone Jack Gen II is designed to be terminated by 4 Pair Termination Tool designed specifically for compatibility with the the Gen II C6A UTP jack.
Termination Process: Videos
The videos below, created by the Molex Technical Services Team, show the process for terminating cable into a Molex PowerCat C6A UTP Keystone Jack Gen II, p/n KSJ-00099, using a 110 Punchdown tool and the specifically designed Multipair tool, p/n 31.0016.
RJ45 Connector Operating Life: 750 insertion cycles
Contact Material: Phosphor Bronze alloy plated with 50μ” Gold
IDC Contacts: Phosphor Bronze alloy
IDC Housing: Thermoplastic, UL 94V-0
Wire Range: 22 to 24 AWG Solid
Plug Compatibility: RJ45 and RJ11
Operating Temperature: -40 to +60°C
Cable Retention Cap:
Interior: Thermoplastic UL94V-0
Exterior: Zinc Alloy
Insulation Resistance: 500MΩ min. at 100V DC
Dielectric Withstanding Voltage: 1000V DC or AC
Peak Contact to Contact: 60MHz for 1 min.
DC Resistance: 0.2Ω max.
DC Current Rating: 1.5 Amps.
Minimum Backbox Depth Requirement: 35mm
Shipping Weight: 16 grams (0.56 oz)
Dimensions: 32.1mm/1.23in. (L) x 16.3mm/0.64in. (W) x 19.3mm/0.76in. (H)
Insertion cycles: 750 cycle minimum compliant with FCC 8P Plug
IEC 60603-7-14: 2010
IEEE 802.3af (Type 1)
IEEE 802.3at (Type 2)
IEEE 802.3bt (Type 3 & 4)
ISO/IEC 11801-1 & 2: 2017 (Ed.1.10)
EN 50173-1 & 2: 2018
IEC 60512-99-002: 2019
Our PowerCat 6A system is suitable for the most demanding PoE applications:
- IEEE 802.3bt from Type 1 to Type 4, and CISCO UPoE+
- HD Base-T PoH up to 100W
- RP3 compliant as defined by EN 50174-2:2018, ISO/IEC 14763-2:2019 and AS/NZS 14763.2:2020
- For new installations of PoE Type 3 / Class 5 and above that wish to be eligible for the Molex 25 year Application Assurance Warranty, we require Category 6A cable to be used throughout.
- To confirm your PoE / RP3 cabling design is eligible for the Molex 25 year Application Assurance Warranty, your design must be verified and validated with the Molex PoE Calculator. Read more at https://www.molexces.com/poe-calculator
- Molex recommends that the PoE feature on an individual switch port is power disabled prior to unplugging the associated powered Device.
- Molex recommends that the full range of PowerCat 6A products be used in a system to maximize cabling and PoE performance.
Details on Molex requirements for Warranty can be found at: https://www.molexces.com/about-us/our-warranty/